Here's another fave, Tiffany Bozic I like her animals, and her muted colours and the way she creates stories with unlikely companions. She is an amazing painter to boot. I like her circles and how comfortably and beautifully she deals with death as an inherent and amazing part of the natural world. She is contemporary, and her stuff has blown my mind ever since I found out about it. Also I heard from a friend that Tiffany's good friend works for the Museum of natural history in San Francisco and that their shared love of animals and nature has led to a show recently where she colaborated with the California Academy of Sciences’ marine invertebrate collections to create a show entitled From the Depths, a sort of love child born from art and science. Featuring large-scale paintings and sketches this exhibit "transported visitors into the depths of both the ocean and the imagination, and present an artist’s vision of the life-and-death drama that unfolds beneath the sea. The exhibit also included photographs, preserved specimens from the Invertebrate Zoology collection, and artfully designed tanks with live fish."
"This exhibit is the result of a year-long collaboration between Bozic and Dr. Rich Mooi, curator of Invertebrate Zoology & Geology at the Academy. Despite examining the museum collections from very different perspectives, they found common ground in their passion for discovery and understanding life. Nature’s ability to inspire both artist and scientist will form an important theme throughout the exhibit.
No comments:
Post a Comment