I have a new job. I have had it since September, so I guess it's not that new...but it still feels that way. I am the eco-literacy coordinator for Alderwood house School in Richmond. Here is our blog. Over the next while I will be working to create a food garden, beautify the school grounds and basically get the kids in touch with the local ecology, which includes many surrounding farms as well as forest. I am hoping that together we will better understand how it all fits together. So far, the commute is long, but I am learning to enjoy it, burning through audiobooks and aspiring to become a transit knitter. The kids are pretty amazing. The other teachers are dedicated and I am surrounded by wonderful and supportive friends and colleagues who are helping me to figure out how I will do all this. Much more to come.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
My new job
I have a new job. I have had it since September, so I guess it's not that new...but it still feels that way. I am the eco-literacy coordinator for Alderwood house School in Richmond. Here is our blog. Over the next while I will be working to create a food garden, beautify the school grounds and basically get the kids in touch with the local ecology, which includes many surrounding farms as well as forest. I am hoping that together we will better understand how it all fits together. So far, the commute is long, but I am learning to enjoy it, burning through audiobooks and aspiring to become a transit knitter. The kids are pretty amazing. The other teachers are dedicated and I am surrounded by wonderful and supportive friends and colleagues who are helping me to figure out how I will do all this. Much more to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that sounds like a perfect job for you! except for the fact that it's in richmond, i guess. but what a great title.
ReplyDelete