Then I found out that one of our kids was struggling to learn his colours, as well as basic shapes etc and that because of this he was being held back from the pre-kinder program. The teachers were doing their best to help get him up to speed but it was slow going. One day after nap I noticed him waking up right at the time when all the other kids were heading off to pre-kinder. I noticed he was crying. This boy is very stoic and this broke my heart a little. Then I got the idea to do colour art to help him learn his colours. That afternoon we did red art, using the same principle as for the "snow art", in that I covered the table with red items, red tape, red markers, red feathers etc etc etc. The next day we did Orange, then Yellow, and so on. Here are some of the images.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Rainbow Art
Then I found out that one of our kids was struggling to learn his colours, as well as basic shapes etc and that because of this he was being held back from the pre-kinder program. The teachers were doing their best to help get him up to speed but it was slow going. One day after nap I noticed him waking up right at the time when all the other kids were heading off to pre-kinder. I noticed he was crying. This boy is very stoic and this broke my heart a little. Then I got the idea to do colour art to help him learn his colours. That afternoon we did red art, using the same principle as for the "snow art", in that I covered the table with red items, red tape, red markers, red feathers etc etc etc. The next day we did Orange, then Yellow, and so on. Here are some of the images.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment