Friday, November 5, 2010

Uncle John

My uncle John McBride who passed away on October 25th after battling pancreatic cancer. He and my Auntie Val are my golden tickets. They got me up to Haida Gwaii and some of the most rewarding times of my life. He has taught me a lot about living, even when dying.

Here is another post on the SFU center for sustainable Community Development where he completed his Masters.

Another one of his friends Geoff Meggs wrote this post on his blog and his friend and co-worker Ray Gerow put together a wonderful remembrance on the National Network of Urban Aboriginal Economic Development site.

Yet another remembrance is this article dedicated to Uncle John and his prowess with all types of games.

I miss you uncle John, your hearty laugh, your delicious food, your wise words, but I carry them all with me, you are an inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lysee,

    I had forgotten about the blog I started a long long time ago, which means I haven't checked yours in a while. I'm so glad to see that you have been blogging frequently! I have to catch up with your recent posts which look fantastic! See you up in Haida Gwaii very soon. xo

    ReplyDelete