Saturday, January 8, 2011

My latest Hero


Last night I watched the movie "Temple Grandin" starring Clair Danes of My so Called Life fame. It was one of the most inspiring movies I have seen in a long time.

I have been learning about Temple Grandin for years, in Psychology classes, and from friends who work with Animals and can attest to her wisdom. I have listened to her books and today watched her speak for the first time on Ted. I think she is one of the greatest and most important thinkers of our time. In her talk she emphasizes the need for hands on learning. I couldn't agree more that this is one of the best ways of addressing the many different kinds of minds that exist in our schools today. There is also a BBC documentary about her that is broken into 5 parts on youtube and is really interesting. Here is a link to part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment