Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hip Hop finally takes on Homophobia, or more specifically Macklemore does.

Maybe you've already heard this song Same Love, but if not, check it out. I first heard about Macklemore because of his hit "Thrift Store" which is hilarious and totally on point, but has gotten obnoxiously popular of late. Same Love on the other hand just makes me cry every time I watch the video. The extra cool thing is that the other day my dad was listening to this incredibly annoying pop radio station and when I asked him why he said there was this one song he had heard with this amazing soul melody and, more interestingly a message of love and acceptance, something not often heard in hip hop. Intruigued I loked up same love to see if the song that had so impacted me had done the same to him. I was also excited to think that maybe there existed 2 hip hop songs in the universe that promote such things. Nope. I was wrong, but I was pretty happy that my dad and I had this kind of universal consciousness thing going on. Guess I better burn him a copy of the CD (which I bought, minus the swears) so he doesn't have to keep listening to Kit Carson :P

No comments:

Post a Comment