As many of you know I have spent some time working on organic farms, some in Quebec, and more recently at Fraser Common Farm in Aldergrove. This year I helped out a little at the Farmer's market which takes place on Saturdays from May to October beside the Trout Lake Community Center in East Van. If any of you have never been to the Farmers market and are interested in local food issues I would urge you to check them out. The Christmas market is a really great place to pick up nice local presents, if you are into that sort of thing, it is December 20th at the wise Hall on Victoria Drive. For information about farmers markets, what available, where they are when they are etc, please check the website at http://www.eatlocal.org/. Another great resource is Farm Folk City Folk. They are "a non-profit society that works with farm & city to cultivate a local, sustainable food system" and have lots of resources.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Eat Local
As many of you know I have spent some time working on organic farms, some in Quebec, and more recently at Fraser Common Farm in Aldergrove. This year I helped out a little at the Farmer's market which takes place on Saturdays from May to October beside the Trout Lake Community Center in East Van. If any of you have never been to the Farmers market and are interested in local food issues I would urge you to check them out. The Christmas market is a really great place to pick up nice local presents, if you are into that sort of thing, it is December 20th at the wise Hall on Victoria Drive. For information about farmers markets, what available, where they are when they are etc, please check the website at http://www.eatlocal.org/. Another great resource is Farm Folk City Folk. They are "a non-profit society that works with farm & city to cultivate a local, sustainable food system" and have lots of resources.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment