Sunday, December 7, 2008



I have been playing around with the idea of what a teacher looks like. What one should look like, what the kids want to see, what I want to wear etc. I did a little getting to know me exercise with my grade 5 class the other day. I brought in a bunch of clothes each of which had a story of some kind attached to it. The kids got a chance to ask me questions about the clothes and then they got to decide on how I ought to wear the clothes. I was trying to play with the idea of clothing as a kind of visual culture, and as something which may give us clues about the wearer. They had fun and made me look pretty ridiculous. Apparently Devendra Banhart had a similar idea. If you want to dress him up click here.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this! It's like Adbusters and media / advertising education for kids - one of the few things shown to work for smoking prevention education. But for clothes and the fashion industry... brilliant! and brave.

    ReplyDelete